ALLOA COOP

Another good victory in our friendly Against ALLOA COOP ON Sat the 23rd 3 winning rinks with 1 rink losing but only by a shot , thanks to ALLOA COOP for there hospitality

Next Sat away to Cambus 2pm start , i have contacted them to see if they can get extra players but could be a few people disappointed , hopefully i can get everyone a game .

Bar open tonight at 7 our new dart team are at home it will also be open at 6 on SAT ,

Green being scarified on weds if anyone is free to help with the clear up it would be appreciated ,

Summer bar hours will begin in MAY will post next week , will vary from week to week depending on whats on

closing date for ties 30th of April also could anyone re joining please pay there fees by then as well ,

Scottish ties start on the 8th of May green will be closed for casual play that day

SAT 16TH OF APRIL

Sat 16th of April sees the annual under sixty v over sixty match , sheet on the Board all welcome any new members wishing to join in please add you names .

Sat the 9th Menstrie hosted Polmasie bowling club for our annual friendly after 2 heavy defeats last year Menstrie came out easy winners on Sat , lot of compliments about the green , so well done to bowlers and green staff for a great day .

TIES COMMITTEE THIS YEAR

James Allan , James Muirhead and Robert Fair thanks for taking the job on , Sheets posted on board closing day 30th April ,

Selectors for all comp

A Mcewan , C Mcleod and C Drummond please give the guys all your support this year .

Seniors will start there Tues afternoon session at 2 pm , there will also be a rink afternoon on a Thus at 2 ALL WELCOME .

8 NEW LOCKERS ARRIVING TOMORROW FOR THOSE MEMBERS WHO DONT HAVE ONE AT THE MOMENT , WHICH IS A GOOD SIGN HOPEFULLY MORE TO COME .

Some sad news this morning Jim Loudon passed away , Jim and his wife Cathy were active members years ago , with Cath being the ladies President , the family are well known in the village , we would like to pass on our condolences to the family members at this sad time

Gents Meeting

Thanks to all that attended the 2020 gents meeting

Ties committee

Robert Fair , James Muirhead and James Allan

Selectors

Alex Mcewan , Calum Mcleod and Colin Drummond

tie sheets posted on the boards closing date 30th of April

thanks gents could all members give them your help and support during the season

Sat home game against Polmasie bowling club 2 pm start

OPENING DAY

Opening day was a great success , 32 bowlers took to the green for our opening day for 2022

we managed to play our traditional President v Vice President game which resulted in an easy victory for the Vice President .

Big thank you to all those you helped make it a great day , Colin Blake for his efforts with the green , Ashley and her Bar staff , Lorna and Margaret for the excellent food and all those you donated raffle prizes ,

Jim Smith for the excellent entertainment

Margaret Cowan for doing the bingo which maybe another 30 pound to the funds

This Saturdays game with Polmasie starts at 2 pm hoping to get 6 rinks so there is a couple of spaces .

Sheets up for the ties , Also a reminder the gents meeting is 7 pm weds

we need to appoint selectors , tie committee

Sheet posted for the Hypnotist on sat 25th June. please not this will be a ticket only event costing 8 pound

POLMASIE

Please note it was pointed out to me we had the wrong date down for the Polmasie game

IT IS SAT THE 9TH OF APRIL AT 2PM

OPENING DAY SAT THE 2ND 2 FOR 230 PM , ENTERTAINMENT AROUND 5 ALL WELCOME

Thanks to all thats helped so far .if anyone is around this afternoon 330 or so and can help put the tent up would be great .

Colin Blake has taken over the greenkeepers duties and intents to cut it twice tomorrow .

As he is doing the green at Alloa east end he will need some assistance during the season

Arthur Wilson snr has been a great help , weeding and edging around the green , he also looked a dab hand when getting a turn with the mower

hope it stays fair and look to see everyone tomorrow

DATES FOR YOUR DIARY

OPENING DAY SAT 2ND OF APRIL 2 PM FOLLOWED BY ENTERTAINMENT AROUND 5 PM

Gents meeting weds 7th April 7pm

First friendly of the Season Polmasie bowling club at home 2pm Sat 16th pf April

Please note there is a new carpet being fitted in the main hall of the club so be careful if going into the club on the next couple of days .

Big thank you to everyone who has helped trying to get the club ready for Opening day

Tent going up on Friday afternoon , also tables and chairs will need cleaned and put back out if anyone is free to help around 3 pm

SPEAKERS EVENING

Another great evening was held in the club on Saturday evening with James holding his annual speakers night , well done James

Dick Campbell and Jim Leishman were in fine form and entertained a packed hall

The fantastic amount of 1265 was raised for Strathcarron hospice

A big thank you to all those who donated prizes for the raffle , thanks to everyone who helped on the night

Next big day Sat 2nd of APRIL , Green opening day 2 for 230 , then will be entertained by Jim Smith around 5 , Visitors and new members welcome .

the rescheduled gents meeting will now be help on Weds the 6th of April 7pm

the club improvements continue with a new carpet being fitted next week and the painting be finished , we continue with our clean up outside and will get the tent up on Friday the 1st of April

We hope to have and update on the greenkeepers position soon .

We hope to have a full program of bowls this summer

GREENKEEPER

Alasdair has decided to give up his duties as greenkeeper as off today the committee would like to thank him for his work over the years.

With opening day a couple of weeks away the committee have asked Colin Blake from Alloa East End to help us short term to try and get the playing surface in suitable condition to play bowls on opening day .

There were a few volunteers at the AGM who were interested in learning how to use the mower and we hope to get them trained up

Alasdair has removed all his personal equipment from the shed which means we will need to make a big investment in kit

hopefully the committee will have a plan in place soon, any member willing to help please let us know , there is weeding and edging to get done to smarten the place up.

will be looking for help next sat morning the 26th to put the tent up and tidy things up for opening day , Sheets are posted for opening day and the first couple of friendlies

GENTS MEETING

Due to the high levels of Covid in the area and several members we have decided to cancel the gents meeting scheduled for weds the 16th of March a date will be posted in due course for the rearranged meeting .

The speakers night on Sat the 19th of March will go ahead as planned , could we ask all those attending to take a lateral flow test on Sat before they come .

The tent will go up before opening day and hopefully we can use the beer garden to create a bit more space to allow people to attend safely